The Bird Whisperer (Sort of.)

*This post was supposed to have been posted back in March, 2014.
But I forgot to because of CBSE Exams.
I typed it up but decided to post it afterwards.
So, without much further ado..*





As the title boldly suggests, I can whisper stuff to birds.
Not that it makes any sense to them.
I mean, it's not like I'm forcibly crushing them in my hand while I whisper some random stuff
like "Turn to page 394" or "Natalia Poklonskaya", now is it?
Anyhoo, to cut things short, about 2 weeks ago, I saw two birds fluttering about near my apartment.

As far as I could brilliantly deduce, they were probably searching for morsels of food lying about
but to my surprise..they had built a nest.
On my tree.
My fake plastic tree.
So, much to bewilderment of the parents, I began to dote upon the little ones.
Mind you, I was having tests that would pretty much determine my career and basically my life.
So I took extra effort...to be a watchful protector of sorts..
 (batman complex, I know. I need to see a shrink about that.)

So, without much further ado, here are some pictures.


Day 1 - They're an energetic duo, with much enthusiasm when it comes to being fed.


Here's the proud parent - they always fly off at quite a nice speed.


I avoided disturbing their little home, and watched carefully as the days rolled by.
Soon, they turned into little fluffy balls that pooped a lot.

They started hopping around too.


And then one of them got scared during my routine observation, and tried a take-off.
Ended miserably by crashing into the wall and losing cabin pressure.

Cats were around at the same time, so I couldn't help but keep an eye on them all the time.

One of them really took off, while the other just sat there...and pooped.
A lot.

One fine day, the flying one took off completely, and the other one just hopped down the stairs, never to be seen.


I think I should just stick to whispering to Ghosts.

fin.

D.




( Vanilla Ice- Ice Ice Baby.
'nuff said.)

Comments

  1. Ah the Bulbul family :)
    You're lucky to have them nest and that too in a fake tree :) Perhaps that too is a statement about their acceptance of what the environment is coming to! Bird Whisperer, may you have more such moments!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One step forward, and two steps back.

Requiem.

Dog Days