One step forward, and two steps back.

•?((¯°·._.• •]••´º´•» $ «•´º´••[• •._.·°¯))؟•¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
•?(•¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°abcd°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
school $ «•´º´••[• •°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
where $ «•´•[• • you study°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
or is°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø there°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø more?°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
because we never really learn there now do we
slowly we make friends
And pick up things on the way to figure out the rest of the journey.but
that doesn't mean we've got life all figured out.
We squabble, we fight, we yearn and we grow.
You could say it's like a cage, but honestly, birds never really do learn how to fly inside cages,
do they?
I'm not gonna end this on a nostalgic note.
Neither am I gonna lament and regret on wasting my days here, because I've enjoyed
the time I had and spent here.
Even though I know that once we move on and forget each other,
this place will always be that place where you stayed and grew up with other people of your age,
8 hours a day, for 14 of your decisive years.
They'll forget, but make sure you don't.
Because I certainly won't.

This is a short note, forgive me, but I did promise to hold back on the nostalgia.


D.



( Look up, it's coming your way! The song's gonna hit your head if you're not careful enough.
Skylar Grey-  Coming home)

Comments

  1. Mark Twain: "I never let my schooling interfere with my education"

    Succinct. As is this write.

    And

    You: "They'll forget, but make sure you don't.
    Because I certainly won't."

    The unintended nostalgia certainly works well :)

    God speed, on the rest of the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you nothing something off about this post? There's a rather unusual easter-egg in this one! :D
      I had hoped you'd catch on to it early enough, but I think I'll leave a clue?
      It's in the words, but it's also in what's not in them! (ignore the picture, I added it because of a certain awesome speech given by a certain awesome someone~)

      Delete
    2. On the off chance that I might be able to note the 'off' about the post, I waited. I'm bogged down with too many things - most of all with stuff like the one I'm supposed to note here :D
      So I'll just accept this as yet another piece of writing that resonates. :) and let it be untainted with notations :)

      Delete
  2. Goddammit! I already had enough what-about-the-future thoughts drilled into my head already! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. See the Facebook like button at the bottom of the post? The Google+ icon?
      You can use any and every one of them, if you'd like.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Requiem.

The Ballads (Part 1)