The Laments of a Wallflower.

 Here I stand a lone flower
surrounded by death and destruction.
A single sign of life in this valley of pain and sorrow,
I stand as a beacon to those lost in the remains of the world.
My time is short but my light shall not be extinguished without ensuring there will be a new light to take my place.
A new light to shine through the darkness I was unable to clear away.
For a world without light is no world at all,
For what is darkness without light.
And to ensure that the world will continue on I stand,
Here I stand the last source of sunlight in the world,
The last wall flower in this world.
I must continue to live,
So that I can create a new world from this single flower.
A world that ended, and was reborn with a single wall flower."



This work is not mine, although I wish it was. I merely wish to share it upon those who can understand the beauty of the lines, and the meaning beneath. I'm no fan of plagiarism, but I guess I could make an exception or two for good causes.

D.



(But since this basically counts as a post, I'll put in a song as a treat.


Heroes - David Bowie)

Comments

  1. Whose work is it? Very profound lines.
    Do check the link to the song you've shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually found it on a facebook page. I'm afraid I forgot to bookmark it, or else I would've linked it.
      Thanks for the heads-up on the song link! I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One step forward, and two steps back.

Requiem.

Ambivalent? Think again.