Sinking 101.

If you're on the Titanic,just grab onto the planks and pray for dear life (I'm talking to those time travellers!)
But seriously,I'm talking about that point of view,that every single person on this world possesses,irrespective of their character.
I belong to the latter.I'm a "out-of-the-box" thinker,so you can imagine my plight (or maybe you can't.I really can't teach you how to Imagine,but maybe Bob Ross can help you!)
Everyday is a different box.It's like a snake shedding it's skin - people around you think you're disgusting,that you look hideous,and that skin peeling off looks nauseating.But the fact is,once you grow out of skin (I'm talking figuratively here),the best part is that you rise higher than any of those critics,and that they'll soon follow your footsteps,if not your ideals.Because sooner or later,people realize their mistakes.
But then again,there's a part where you're quite the village idiot - because you make mistakes that'll haunt you for the rest of your life.That's where you start to sink.
You fight the current,the quicksand,to correct the blunders.You try to take back your words,your actions.
You wish you could just turn back time and fix it all.

That's where you start sinkin',friend.
All I have is a piece of advice (I actual have lots of those hidden away in my beard and my pockets like Hagrid),which is to forget what has happened,don't think about what's going to happen,and live in the present wisely,or you'll end up being the biggest idiot of us all.


D.


(I piss people off all the time - I've never really been the soothsayer,and people interpret my words for insult.This is a quiet,silent apology to those whom I've hurt,intentionally or not,and to remind them that they should go buy books and start reading before they throw a big fuss.)

(Here's the song.I nearly forgot.
Nah,I'd never forget.
Okay,I'll shut up now.
Scratch Massive ft. Koudlam - Waiting for a Sign)

Comments

  1. Or, as Richard Bach says:
    "Perspective: Use it or lose it"
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bach,eh? For a moment there,I thought it was the composer.
      Well,I get to learn new things everyday!

      Delete
    2. Start with "Jonathan Livingston Seagull"; next, "Illusions"; "Bridge Across forever"... if / when inclination permits

      Delete
  2. Sent across a good message...and i love your sense of humour..
    keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Anonymous!

      (I'll definitely try to keep it up,and then some more!)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One step forward, and two steps back.

Requiem.

Ambivalent? Think again.