Dead Kittens and Puppies.

This is for the voices that are unheard.
Who never talk back one word.


This is in honor and memory of the poor little things I keep seeing on the pavements,splattered like modern art.This is for the tears shed for the little balls of fur taken so quickly from this world thanks to reckless drivers.In this post,filled with anger,I pronounce my hatred on these speed freaks.
This is a personal post.Forgive me for making it so.I promise I won't do this often.
You see,I'm an ardent lover of nature.I love everything that Mother Earth bears and blesses us all with.
And you see,Hell hath no fury like a nature lover scorned,and if you're one of these lunatics,I pray you feel at least a fraction of the pain you've caused.
It all started with kittens.I'd feed random ones on the street,and they'd follow me back home,and I wouldn't be allowed to keep them,and then I'd secretly feed them anyway.Soon,they grew up and parted for good.
But then,I found a litter of stray puppies,guarded by their frail mother.You see,I saw them from the day right after they were born,and they were in one of the canals located beneath the pavements(this one was the dry kind,with the occasional garbage bags and so forth.)Seeing as they had a parent,I decided to keep my distance (I'd get hurt either way,though.) But in time,I find that fate had a strange path planned for me.
I saw the body first thing in the morning.
Right next to the garbage disposal,like it was just another plastic bag in the dump.
I looked at the family,and the little ones were pining,while the mother was lying down (Sad or tired,I do not know.)
Seven remained.
Two died the next day.I'm not sure of the cause of death,but their bodies were located right where they had been given birth to.
Soon enough,one by one,they all died,least for the last 3,and I was powerless,at least I thought so,to stop this massacre,and each time the mother grew weaker.
One fine morning,I go out to see one of the puppies with it's head stuck in between two boulders.
People walked by without a damn care.
I take no pride in this,but I chose to help this time.This death was not going to happen on my shift.
The boulders were heavy enough,surprisingly,and I wondered how the little one had gotten stuck in the first place.I managed to lift it off eventually,and the puppy looked at me with misty eyes and I nearly swooned.
And it ran off happily back to it's mother.


Next day,it was right in middle of the road,with it's brain leaking like a broken bottle.
And I saw it right after the "mishap".The mother,who came with the last puppy yipping around it,came right in middle of the road,and licked her late child,and slowly moved back to it's spot,and I broke down at the sight.
The last one survived though.
I made sure of that.


And now,I see a dead kitten today,and I was reminded about this incident.I believe I have nothing left to say to drivers as a whole,except for one word:

UNLESS.

D.

(I haven't joined PETA or anything.
Song  - Goldfinger - Open Your Eyes)


Comments

  1. Underscore all you feel.
    Would you like to join PAWS? They're doing wonderful work in Thrissur. They have a page on FB too, if you're interested.
    The puppy stuck in the boulders? She's with us, as is her son. Glad you got the last one to survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not PETA material,but sure,I'd love to join PAWS!! I'll look it up soon :)

      Delete
    2. http://www.facebook.com/pages/PAWS-Thrissur/415687258496599?fref=ts

      Delete
    3. *like*

      That completely changed my view about people..guess the world ain't half bad :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One step forward, and two steps back.

Requiem.

The Ballads (Part 1)